NSHS Theatre is working together with our Leadership class to put on our second Talent Extravaganza, scheduled to perform on Friday, September 7th @ 7:00 pm.! If you are a performer who yearns for an audience, or a techie who wants to work backstage, here’s what you need to know:
Before the big show
- Sign up in the Little Theatre [room 911] or in Leadership  and get your commitment form by Friday, August 31st.
- This show performs on Friday, September 7th from 7:00 – 10:00 pm in the large gym. Think: many, many fans.
- You must attend the technical rehearsal* on Thursday, September 6th from 6 – 8 pm. [Meet in the theatre.]
- You must arrive by 5:30 on Friday, September 7th the day of the show.
- Please know your act. If you aren’t performance ready, we will ask you to come back next semester. [Yes, we are doing this twice a year!] You want to be as polished as you possibly can be—we want you to be comfortable up there!
- Since this is a family show, please make certain your show is age-appropriate. Rillingale has the final say on all acts.
- Bring all materials you need to perform your act for both the technical rehearsal* as well as the show.
- If you are performing to a song, please bring it to the theatre on a USB or a CD by Tuesday, September 4th.
- Presale tickets for this event are $4 and will be available @ the Leadership room  and @ the Little Theatre  at lunch starting Wednesday, September 5th. Tickets at the door will be $5.
If you are theatre student: here is where it gets really important:
- Performers [including MCs] will receive their full 6/8 hours for participating in this show.
- Attending the performance will get you one hour.
- Concessions will get you one hour.
Your Big Night
- When you arrive on Thursday and Friday, please sign in with your stage manager. If you don’t sign in, you don’t exist.
- Your stage manager is Kaylie. You can refer to her as a major deity, i.e., god or goddess or supreme being. What she says goes. “Yes ma’am,” followed by her instruction is what you will need to do whenever she asks you to do something.
- Your stage manager is the person who will make sure you look super onstage as she calls the cues and runs the show.
- If you have questions or concerns, see your stage manager first and then Rillingale.
- Please don’t bring valuables to the performance—we just can’t be responsible for them.
- Once the house is open, i.e. the audience is seated in the large gym, you cannot go onstage in view of the audience.
- Please be sure to wear at least a black shirt, if not black pants and shoes. Techies always wear black—it’s a ninja thing.
- Techies never run onstage. Techies saunter.
- Techies solve all problems with style and low voices.
- Performers respect techies. Techies respect actors.
- Techies should have a mini-flashlight, access to spike and duct tape, and an adjustable wrench on them at all times.
*The purpose of our technical rehearsal is to set sound levels, establish the performance order of the show, and to make sure all performers are ready.