Our lip syncs go up in just a few weeks. So, who likes to sing in the shower? Who likes to sing along in the car? Yet who has a mehhh singing voice? Then this project is for you! Some benefits of learning to lip sync include:
- Learning to move to the music without having to learn to dance
- Experiencing musical theatre without having to be a [good] singer
- Learning to make appropriate facial expressions fearlessly
- Discovering the fine art of synchronization
- Learning to find a theme and decipher a storyline
- Pulling various elements together for a full-scale performance
Details on this project are here. The key to this project is all about song selection.
So tell us: what’s the title of your song and what is it about? Provide a one-sentence summary of your tune that includes title, genre, who, what, and where information.
Your example: “Bend & Snap,” from the musical Legally Blonde, is about teaching Paulette, a hairdresser with low self esteem when it comes to men, to use her womanly assets to get the guys to notice her.