We made films on our smart phones! Almost any subject was accepted. Here’s the kicker, though: the video must be geared towards our NSHS community. Film teams needed to consider issues of staff, students, teachers, admin, coaches, custodians, particular departments, clubs, or teams.
The film must address a problem or a question here at NSHS AND offer solutions.
All films were uploaded; you will see a variety of subjects, styles and quality of films. The measure of our success is this:
- Does it solve a problem or address an issue here at NSHS?
- Is the message clear?
Period 1 Films
- Our film is about how to act in the locker room. We made this film because we wanted everyone to visually see the locker room rules. We learned that the locker room is a nice, safe place.
- The idea behind making this video is to show somebody who is on a swim team how to get ready for a big swim meet. What I learned while making this film is that it takes a lot of hard work and dedication to prepare for a swim meet. These are some of the few ways to prepare physically and mentally for a swim meet.
- My film is about a young girl who dreams about being like the NSHS basketball girls and gets determined to train hard for the next basketball season.
- Our film focuses on arriving to school on time. It has a twist of a news report, SUHSD News, where we reveal the truth about two students and their bad habits, as well as how we help them. It features students, teachers and campus supervisors who help address the problems and tips on how to solve them clearly.
- Our film is about doing your work and what would happen if you don’t. We decided to make this film to show that when you’re in a group that one person shouldn’t have to do all the work. In the long run the person who did all the work will end up benefiting from it.
- Want to learn how to survive high school? Follow these steps to be a pro surviver in high school. Good luck fresh meat!
- Our film is about having confidence in yourself. The idea behind this film was to show other students that by feeling comfortable with yourself, you will definitely have a good time. The idea behind this video was that it shouldn’t matter how you look, as long as you are feeling positive.
- Our film is about hallway walking etiquette. We decided to make this film because it seems that many students at our school have trouble walking in the hallway correctly. The idea behind this film was to get the students at our school to try and take this information so they can use it to avoid any possible future quarrels.
Period 3 Films
- We made this film because we have noticed that most students at North Salinas High School are still unaware to what a VIV is. The idea behind the way we created our scenes was to inform students of the benefits of receiving a VIV.
- This is a video of tips of how to start the school year right for the NSHS Film Festival. We show the things you should and shouldn’t when starting a new school year. We learned how to keep good habits going while making this film.
- Our film is about how to ask that special someone to prom. The idea behind our film is that you need to go big or go home when you are asking that special lady/guy to prom! We learned having to record scenes several times is a drag but necessary. 🙂
- We made this film because people usually go to the library to find a quiet space to get things done like homework. Unfortunately, that’s not always possible because of other people that become distractions. In this video we demonstrate a couple of actions you shouldn’t do (dont’s) and some you should (do).
- Our film is about the basic dos and donts of track and field because what if you want to go out for tack and field one day and need to know some basics. Where better to learn but from here!
- The film is about…well what not to do in a theater room. Showing what the rules are in different areas of the theater. Can you follow the rules if the Theater?
- This video will give you ideas of how to manage your time between school and your social life. Having a balance between both and enjoying your high school years in general. You will also see what you can do to pursue that.
- Our video is based on why or how should we dress up for homecoming. Nowadays, people aren’t in the school spirt so we are showing them how easy it is to dress up and get into the school spirt.
Period 4 Films
- Our film is on how to pass your AP exam. Alyssa needs to pass her AP exam in order to graduate. Morgan and Nadine are here to help.
- Our film is about proper presentations. We made this film because we want to show North Salinas High School students how to make a good school presentation. The idea behind this film is clear throughout the video.
- Our film is about steps on how a Freshman can survive their next 4 years of high school. We made this film because we want to help freshmen be more active towards our school such as participate in sports, rally’s, and other school events. The idea behind our film is clear throughout the film.
- This video is a list of tips when trying out for a sports team. We made this video to help unexperienced students who want to join sports. The idea behind our film was to reenact a basketball tryout and give tips along the way to give students an easy way to prepare for tryouts.
- Our film is about steps on how a Freshman can survive their next 4 years of high school. We made this film because we want to help freshmen be more active towards our school such as participate in sports, rallies, and other school events. The idea behind our film is clear throughout the film.
- Our film is a guide to help people, like Jesus, get a prom date. By using the NSHS creed, we came up with ways on how to ask someone to prom. To achieve the perfect proposal, one must Never Give Up, Stay Focused, Honor Themselves and others, and Stay Positive!
- This film is about interviewing peoples feelings towards North Salinas High School and what they like about our school.
Period 5 Films
- Our film is about how to get around the school for freshmen. We made this film because we thought its very important to know how to get around school. The idea behind of this film was we all get lost.
- A student is placed in an AP class. Now, they’re struggling and need some help. With these tips they’ll learn critical information to Survive AP.
- Our film is an the topic of why students should do sports and its advantages. The idea behind this film was to shine the light on sports and to hopefully convince people to consider sports. The school project is about making a film and showing the importance of each step that goes into the film.
- Our film is about how students at North Salinas High School can avoid the busy 700 and 900 hallways by going different ways. To avoid the 900 hall walk behind the pool and weight room area. To avoid the 700 walk through the 800 hall or mall area.
- Our film is about the NSHS creed. We made this film because this year North High really focused on the creed this year. We gave examples of never giving up, staying focused, honoring yourself and others, and staying positive.
- This film is about leaving trash on tables and information about how you get a VIV’s Pass. We made this film because we thought its very important for North Salinas High School students to keep school clean. The idea behind this film is clear throughout the video.
- Our film is about two best friends who make the wrong decisions that result in them being late to class. We made this film because we wanted to show what you shouldn’t do if you want to get to class on time. The idea behind this film was to show a few things that you probably do that result you in being late.
Period 6 Films
- Our film is about how to behave in the library. We made this film because students at our school are usually talking, eating, etc in the library. We hope that, by making this video, our library will become less of a madhouse.
- Our film is about informing students about the AP Program at North High. We give tips on how to study and include advice from an AP teacher as well. We also provided information about the AP test.
- Our film is about always planning everything ahead before its to late. Don’t be in a rush. Here are some of the things you would need to do before buying tickets or asking someone , knowing if your eligible.
- Our film is about a step by step instruction on how to properly join a high school sport. We took multiple shots of some scenes to avoid mistakes. Our film went through many changes in order to be ideal for us.
- This great film is tips on how to brush off embarrassing moments. It show how to recuperate after a moment.
- Our film is about how to be organized and giving advice to the incoming freshman, as well as talking about some of the experiences the freshmen had encountered.
So tell us: What did you learn about yourself as a film maker? What theatre skills did you use?