Here’s my list of books I plan to plow through this summer. I will cross them off when I am done. While I am not promising to review
all any, perhaps I will consider it if time permits. Books crossed out means I have read them.
Theatre books to help me hone my craft
Making Short Films by Jim Piper
- Staging Musicals for Young Performers by Maria C. Novelly & Adell Firth
Kids Take the Stage by Lenka Peterson & Dan O’Connor
- Filmmaking for Teens by Troy Lanier & Clay Nichols
- Technical Theatre for Nontechnical People by Drew Cambell [read this before, but want a brush up]
- Movement for Actors by Nicole Potter
- Actor’s Alchemy by Bruce Miller
An Actor Rehearses: What to do When & Why by David Hlavsa
Teacher-type books [nontheatre specific] to help me maintain my professional status
A Repair Kit for Grading: 15 Fixes for Broken Grades by Ken O’Connor Formative Assessment & Standards-Based Grading by Robert Marzano
How about you? What books are you going to read over the summer? Drop us a line below.